The Bocci 28 is an internationally recognised design masterpiece and the awe-inspiring result of Omer Arbel’s exploration into the fabrication process. Rather than designing the form of the object, Arbel developed a specific glass-blowing technique which led to the 28’s distinct form. The method, with loose parameters, produces a different shape in every iteration, making every 28 light unique in shape, colour depth and tonality. In this complex technique, air pressure is intermittently introduced into and then removed from the glass matrix, which is heated and cooled. The result is a slightly distorted sphere with an interior landscape of satellite shapes, one of which is made of opaque glass and houses a low voltage xeonon or LED lamp.
Bocci 28.1 Pendant Lamp is a single transparent sphere with the 28’s signature satellite shapes and a frosted glass diffuser. The sphere is attached to a brushed nickel canopy with an adjustable coaxial cable.
Please note that the 28.1m transformer requires to be remote mounted.
|Dimensions shade in cm||Ø 15 cm|
|Bulb||Xenon 12 V 20 W bulb and external transformator 230 V (suitable for up to three lamps) included|
|Energy efficiency class of the bulb||D (A++ is the highest efficiency and E is the lowest efficiency)|
|Energy efficiency classes of the light||B to E (A++ is the highest efficiency and E is the lowest efficiency)|
|Ceiling rose||brushed nickel; Ø 3cm|
|Cable||coaxial cable, 300 cm standard|
|Weight in kg||3|
- Bocci 28sc wall lampAs low as €957.00*availability: 6-8 weeks
- Bocci 28.1 Satellite Pendant LampAs low as €1,100.00*availability: 4-6 weeks
- Bocci 28.1 Opaque Pendant LampAs low as €1,100.00*availability: 4-6 weeks
- Bocci 28.1 Translucent Pendant LampAs low as €1,100.00*availability: 1 left in stock
- Bocci 28.3 pendant lamp€2,243.00*availability: 4-6 weeks
- Bocci 28.1deep Pendant Lamp clear€767.00*availability: 4-6 weeks